4.5.09

mano a mano

About one year ago, I fell in and out of love simultaneously. To cope with what seemed at the time like an enormously difficult breakup, I turned to a new and perfect companion: The music of Sir Elton John.
First, I mourned the death of the old relationship with "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me." Then, "I'm Still Standing" helped me to become empowered and strong. I celebrated my individuality with "Philadelphia Freedom" and danced with "Crocodile Rock."

Time passed and a new guy won my affection. Even then, "Your Song" reminded me of how great he was. That's the best thing about my relationship with John's music--while it's completely faithful, it doesn't require monogamy.

So, when my new guy told me he had gotten us tickets to the upcoming Elton John/Billy Joel concert, I was more than excited.













The two opened with a beautiful arrangement of "Your Song."
Funny right?

I cried.












Billy Joel rocked.
Elton John rolled.
It was fabulous.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

your singing made us cry. really.

bethany said...

It did. In a joyful way though. LOVE this! I especially loved to see your relationship with Elton grow and change. What a dude. Love you :)

Sarah said...

Ha ha, he is a dude.